Sunday 31 August 2008

The Search Party "Montgomery Chapel" (US Xian Psyche Folk - 1969)

A rare religious rock album by a from Wisconsin band who relocated to Sacramento, California. Many of the tracks feature lovely female vocals, although part of Side Two is more acoustic and folky with male vocals.
At its best the album is superb. A mystical atmosphere is created by the floating, melodic psychedelia of songs like When He Calls, So Many Things Have Got Me Down and The News Is You. Just listen and drift away.
("Fuzz, Acid & Flowers" by Vernon Joynson)

Tracks:

01. Speak To Me
02. Renee Child
03. Melanya
04. When He Calls
05. So Many Things
06. You And I
07. All But This
08. Poem By George
09. The Decidedly

Link : http://sharebee.com/57e2eb84
(Great thanks to redtelephone66.blogspot.com for this one)

1 comment:

Jim Robb said...

I would love to have a scan of the back cover. My sister and I are on the back cover looking in through the back door. I remember the day they recorded the tracks. We lived down the street and heard this rock music and came running. I spent my whole youth listening to the album, and still listen today. My dad lives far off and I do not have access to the actual copy to see the back cover. I would love to show my kids.